Art Check List
Art Check List PDF
A quick test to insure success!
Digital art that follows these guidelines usually flows through our system with ease.
For more details visit our General Art Specs page.
A PDF version
of this Art Check List is also available.
- 1/8" Bleed when art extends off of the mat
- Critical elements at least 1⁄4" inside mat edge
- Visit our Templates Page to download PDF templates.
2 IMAGE RESOLUTION
Image resolution MUST be 300ppi or higher.
EVERY file used to create the final piece MUST be included and editable.
This includes linked or placed files.
- Save images at 300ppi/dpi, sized to 100%
- Save images as .psd, .tif, .eps or .ai files
- Include editable versions of all files
- For Sublimation: at least 18pt serif, 12pt sans-serif
- For Offset and UV Ink Jet: at least 8pt
- All reversed type set to bold
- Convert to outlines/curves
- Include all Screen & Printer fonts
Current or recent Mac or PC versions of the following:
- Acrobat® PDF
Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel files are not acceptable file formats.
6 COLOR TARGET / OUTPUT SAMPLE
Include a complete, full sized hard copy of the composite art submitted.
These may be color or black & white, but must be printed from the final file(s) you provide.
4-Color Process targets should be printed using calibrated output devices.
- Calibrated color target
- PMS callouts for spot color mats
- Black & White prints for position only
7 COLORS – PROCESS & PMS
Colors should be defined as either spot or CMYK.
Spot colors will be matched to the Pantone® COATED Color Guide.
Converting spot or RGB colors to CMYK may produce unexpected or undesirable results.
- CMYK 4-Color Process
- Coated Pantone® PMS
8 DESIGN TIPS
- Avoid small type and other thin elements for fabric counter mats
- Include all files, including fonts and images
- Avoid borders, text, and art elements that run close to and parallel to pad's edge
- Convert fonts to outlines/curves
- View our Standard Fonts available for typesetting.
- Supply a printed copy of the final layout and color samples or color targets
9 CORNER RADIUS
- 3/8" is our standard corner radius
- Any other corner radius requires a custom die
- Square corners are NOT recommended
Want to match the color of a specific item or print?
Send it to us with your order!